If you are a game lover and play games on PC then without a smooth running experience of the game you will not enjoy playing games. If you are facing any kind of issue like system freezing or crashing while playing games on PC or facing lower speed of games then it is time to boost gaming performance on PC. To improve the gaming performance it is necessary to increase FPS. In this article, we will show you methods through which you can easily boost the gaming performance on a PC. But before going further let’s discuss FPS.
FPS stands for frames per second and low frames per second mean that the system doesn’t have enough memory and this is the reason why the game is slowing down and you don’t play it smoothly. The main cause of low frames per second is the outdated graphics card, not enough RAM and outdated CPU. Your computer displays the number of frames on the monitor every second is the frame rate. The more the frame rate the better you will get game experience. To get the best gaming experience you need to have almost 60 FPS. If you have better FPS then you can run your game lags free.
7 Ways to Improving Gaming Performance in PC
In this article, we will show you ways to increase your PC’s FPS and boost gaming performance.
1. Lower Screen Resolution
To boost gaming performance reducing the screen resolution can help. If you lower the screen resolution it will boost the FPS but the graphics will not seem clear. Follow the below steps to reduce the screen resolution:
- Firstly, go to the start icon and click on the cog icon to open the settings page.
- When the Windows setting page appears, click on the system.
- After that, click on advanced display settings from the left side of the page and then change the resolution under display resolution.
2. Update Graphics Card Drivers
Sometimes due to the outdated Graphics card driver, you face the slower speed of the game. If you update your Graphics card drivers then it will help in boosting FPS and boost the gaming performance. Firstly, you must know about your graphics card details. Below are some steps that will help you in finding the details of your graphics card:
- Firstly, go to the Control panel and then Hardware and Sound
- On Hardware and Sound page, go to the devices and printers and click on the Device manager option.
- It will open the Device Manager page where you need to go to display adapters.
- Click on the arrow given next to the display adapter option.
- Choose your Graphics card and make sure that you are using the updated version of your Graphics card.
You may have any of the graphics card drivers including Nvidia GeForce, Intel HD Graphics card or ATI Radeon. You can go to the manufacturer website of the card if you know its model number and install the latest version of the drivers.
3. Shut down all the Background Apps
Sometimes only shutting down all the background apps can help in regaining the speed of the game. So before starting the game, close all the background apps.
4. Enable the Game mode on your PC
Windows 10 has a built-in game mode tool to optimize your PC for better gaming and increasing FPS. It will deactivate all the background activities of Windows 10 including Windows updates and app notifications and increase FPS in your game. In Windows PC game mode is enabled by default settings. Below are some steps that will guide you on how to enable game mode on your PC:
- Firstly, go to the start icon and then click on the cog to open Windows settings.
- Now, on the settings page navigate to the Gaming option.
- Now, choose the game mode from the left-hand side of the page.
- Make sure the game mode toggle is turned on.
- After turning on the game mode you will get a better gaming experience and increase FPS.
5. Update Video Driver
You can boost gaming performance by updating the video driver. It is necessary to update all the drivers of your system. You can get the latest video drivers either by Windows update or update video card drivers.
6. Using Windows Update –
- Firstly, go to the start icon and click on settings.
- After that, click on the “update and security” option.
- Next, click on the check for updates option.
- Windows will automatically search for the latest driver and if any is available it will install it.
7. Update Video card drivers –
- If you are using Nvidia GeForce experience then firstly, launch the app.
- Now, go to the top of the page and click on the drivers’ option.
- Next, click on the check for updates option. It will find out the latest driver if available and install them.