It is common to lose tooth for some or other reasons in the life. Although it seems to be a heart-damaging situation, one should not panic, as there are advanced dental procedures to offer right solutions to the problem. One can lose tooth due to accidents, decay, infections, or injuries. These are a part of life. It is fortunate that science is developing at a fast pace offering solutions to all kinds of problems in life. If you face any such circumstances, all you must do is go for dental implants.
What can you understand by dental implants?
It is one of the best suitable procedures offered by dentists for missing tooth or teeth. In this method, metal frame or posts are fixed inside the gums, which make it possible to replace the missing tooth. It is a common procedure, which offers natural and healthy teeth to the patient. After the successful implant, the person can eat, talk, laugh, and feel confident as before. Any person irrespective of the age factor can get the implant. However, it is better to consult with an experienced professional and understand completely about the procedure before saying yes to it.
The procedure of dental implant can be an expensive affair. Therefore, in this regard, consultation plays an important role. The dentist prior giving you any suggestion will examine your teeth and health of gums so as to know whether it can support the dental implants or not. Let us quickly learn the two major types of implants before getting into the depth of the concept.
- Endosteal implant: The first step in the surgery is when the implants are fixed into jawbone. After the gums are healed after a couple of days, the second step is connecting the post to the fixed implant. The third step in the procedure is attaching the artificial tooth.
- Subperiosteal implant: In this procedure, a metal frame is fixed below the jawbone of the patient. After few days, when the frame is fixed and gums are healed, the artificial tooth is fixed on the posts.
Both the methods are safe, choosing the procedure depends on the state of your teeth after a proper examination session with the dentist.
Vital aspects to know about dental implants
After knowing the types of implants, let us focus on other essential aspects related to the dental implants. Have a look at them. They are as follows:
- Long term solution for missing tooth: If you opt for dental bridges procedure which is an old treatment, you can survive for about seven years to the maximum. However, if you wish to stay satisfied for decades without any additional dental treatments in midway then you should consider dental implant, as they can stay intact for lifetime.
- Safety of the implant treatment: A complete safe procedure used since three decades. It offers strength to the gums and teeth and works in a natural way giving extreme comfort to the patients to eat, talk, laugh, and indulge in every day activity.
- Hassle free procedure: Many people back out from dental implants assuming it a painful procedure. Here is no need to worry, as experienced and well-qualified dentists perform the procedure who make sure that the patient is at comfort while the procedure is being performed. There are no risks associated with the implanting procedure.
- Cost of the procedure: It can be an expensive procedure but depending on the condition of the patient. However, the result is worth of every effort spent on it.
Go for the dental implant procedure and get back your lost smile!