It is often recommended that the children between the ages of one to six months should be taken to the dentist when their first tooth grows up. Visiting the Dentist Melbourne for the routine checkups will help in understanding the complete dental health. You may not be sure about your child dental health, but a dentist knows exactly what is going on and will ensure the right way of taking care of your health.
What happens at the first dental visit?
The first dental visit involves a little treatment. When you take your child to the dentist for the very first time, then dentist asks the parents to sit in the chair holding their child. The dentist then deals with the child in a friendly way to gain their trust so that the child does not get scared and remain comfortable during the examination.
The dentist first examines your child dental health and look for tooth decay, gums, tongue or any other oral problems. If they found any problem, then they will clean the teeth and treat it accordingly.
Visiting the dentist will be beneficial in the following ways:
- Dentist teaches the parents regarding the good oral habits of the child.
- What are the healthy habits that keep their child free from any oral problems?
- What is the proper nutrition to be taken to main teeth healthy?
- How frequently child should be taken for a regular dental check-up?
Good habits to be followed at home
- A major cause of misaligned teeth is bad sucking habits. Stop your child from doing this.
- It has always been said by the dental experts to use pea size toothpaste on the toothbrush. As the toothpaste
- contains fluoride, hence excessive use of it may cause oral problems.
- Use a soft kid brush to clean your child’s teeth regularly.
- Don’t give sugary or starchy food to the child as this may lead to tooth cavity.
- If your child is not able to brush properly, then help in brushing their teeth twice daily.
How parents can help their child?
Parents should take their child for routine checkups to the dentist since the eruption of their first tooth. Upon the examination, the dentist recommends the good oral habits that will help in keeping the teeth healthy. This includes, brushing, flossing and also other food habits. Home treatments and following the dentist’s instruction would help you in keeping your child free from any oral health problems. Always ensure proper dental care for your child and teach them good healthy habits to maintain oral health for a lifetime.
The Professional Dentist in Melbourne suggests the good oral practices that prevents the tooth decay and helps in maintaining teeth health.