Portfolio management services are being taken up by many people today. It is a common phenomenon today and is also consider to be a form of investment that can help one to get the best returns on their investments. The PMS market is also growing over time and it is leading to the success of many people in the market.
Sebi hascome up with proper regulations for portfolio management services and they have also made sure to provide registration to portfolio managers who wish to function in the market. It is important for each and every person involve in this process to be register with SEBI and only then they will be able to provide these services.
Benefits of Sebi Registered Portfolio Manager Registration
There are various benefits that you would be able to enjoy when you make sure you opt for Sebi Registered Portfolio Manager Registration. It is important that you make sure that you opt for it as soon as possible so that you will be able to get all the benefits of this process. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
You will be able to get a better return on your investment when you choose Sebi Registered Portfolio Manager Registration. It will become easier for you to make money from your investments and it will also help you.
Sebi Registered Portfolio Manager
SEBI registered portfolio manager is a person who manages the investments of the individual investors and institutions. The portfolio manager is responsible to handle the portfolios of the high net worth investors and provide them with personalized services as per their requirements.
The portfolio managers known as investment advisors and they manage the funds of their clients in accordance with their goals and objectives. Portfolio management services is a personalize service which requires to be conducted by an individual by understanding their financial goals and objectives.
Portfolio management services are regulate by SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) and SEBI has issued separate SEBI guidelines for SEBI registered portfolio managers. In order to start a PMS or portfolio management business in India, one needs to obtain a license from SEBI. The same applies for any person who wishes to become a portfolio manager and carry out his/her portfolio management business in India.
Procedure for the SEBI Registered Portfolio Manager
- Connect with corpseed and share your requirements.
- We will give you a call to understand your requirements thoroughly.
- You will assign a relationship manager who will advise you with investment options as per your requirement.
- You will be given a unique reference number, which can use to track your portfolio manager.
- Choose a portfolio manager and invest in any of the available schemes by filling up an application form on our website.
- Your portfolio manager will start managing your investments with immediate effect.
Requirements for Portfolio Manager Registration
The applicant must have a minimum of two staff with a combine experience of at least five years in related activities such as stockbroking, investment/fund management, and so on and a minimum net worth of 5 crore rupees is require of the portfolio manager.
Requirements for Portfolio Manager Registration in india
- Portfolio managers are investment advisors who handle the investment portfolios of clients. They analyze and evaluate the financial needs of high net worth individuals, families, and small businesses to create an investment strategy that works toward achieving long-term financial goals. Along with creating customized plans, they also manage client funds directly. They may also oversee a team of analysts or associate portfolio managers.
- A person can start a portfolio management business through a company formed under the Companies Act, 2013 or an LLP formed under LLP Act, 2008.
- The applicant should have passed one of the following examinations: NCFM Capital Market (Dealers) Module, NSE’s Certification in Financial Markets (NCFM), Intermediate Examination conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, or Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- An applicant for registration as a portfolio manager must submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1,00,000/- in the form of a demand draft payable to the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- When SEBI issues a certificate of registration to a portfolio manager, he or she must pay a registration fee of Rs. 10 lakhs.
Read Also: Why Managers Need Sales Leadership Coaching