Researchers and experts are inventing contemporary and latest techniques everyday, which is making our life easier and facile. Powder coating equipment is one of the prime inclusions to this era which is creating a huge buzz in the market. Powder coating equipments are very robust and durable and are highly applauded by the customers from different parts of the world especially from Australians. In this way, they are earning their popularity gradually.
Let us take a glance on what this actually is
This is a process by which a dry and free-flowing powder is usually attached to a metallic substance to enhance its strength and durability. The process is mainly used for auto-mobile and bicycle parts, household appliances and drum hardware. Since powder doesn’t have any liquid carrier, so coatings are usually very thick. These coated products are very hard and sturdy as compared to conventional paint coated finished products.
Basically, the coating process is done through electrostatics. It is then cured by intense heat which is allowed to flow and form a kind of skin like structure. The skin is very much cool and forms a supremely hard finish. Since there is almost a negligible amount of carrier fluid to evaporate away, so a very less amount of volatile organic compounds are discharged. Moreover, the coating process also offers a better degree of creativity. A wide range of powder colours can be used before initiating the curing process which allows bleed effects and colour blending on a single layer. This dust coating process is eco-friendly and energy efficient. We can do this process by ourselves if we have proper knowledge and professional equipments.
Some tools or equipments that we need to execute the process
To conduct a powder coating we need some kinds of oven or a furnace. We can initiate the process by using a toaster oven, a household oven or a propane grill. Another prime component is powder without this we can’t be able to execute the coating process. Commonly four types of powders are used for this process and they are Epoxy, polyester, acrylic and fluoropolymer.
Among all of them, Polyester is widely used for the process as it provides a good resistance. Acrylic is basically used for clear coats and fluoropolymer is commonly used for outdoor purposes.
An air compressor is also an indispensable tool for powder coating process. We also need a dozens of tools while planning to do coating with powder. Some of the relevant tools are: IR thermometer, a timer, grounding rod, media blaster, powder coating strippers and many more.
A comparative analysis between powder covering and paint coating
Over the past few years, the powder coating process has successfully won over paint coating. It provides so many add on features that experts are now-a-days showing their inclination towards it. Many people now prefer powder coating equipment over paint coating products. Some features that the former provides and are missing with paint coating are:
Coating with powder is much more resistant to chipping, fading and scratching whereas painting coating products are easily scratched.
- Products coated with dust are much more longer lasting and hard than paint coating.
- The process of talc covering releases very less amount of environmentally friendly waste.
- It is a one-step process cuts manufacturing and project turnaround time.
- The products are usually very much durable and hence they are less costly and affordable.
- Coated products are available with a wide range of designs.
Before launching in the market, most of the talc coated products have undergone several on-site tests which ensure that all the products can be used effectively and can perform really well.
Finished Coated Parts are needed to pass the below mentioned tests
- Solvent Cure Test – Basically straight MEK solvent is applied to the coated part of the equipment and resistance to the solvent is simultaneously applied to evaluate the degree of cure.
- Adhesion Test – Cross hatch tape pull test is basically applied to evaluate the powder coating adhesion to the substrate.
- Thickness – These days many instruments are available in the market which satisfactorily measure how much dry film is built.
- Permeability – By adding de-ionised water in to the pressure cooker, a part is also kept inside the cooker to evaluate for the loss of adhesion.
- Impact Test – Forward and Reverse methods are used to evaluate flexibility and powder adhesion.
- Hardness – pencil hardness or Buchholz hardness methods are applied to test the hardness of the products.
- Colour and Gloss – This needs to be matched with coating supplier’s standard panels.
- Visual finish appearance – Need to check whether the colour, gloss, flow, edge coverage, texture is matched with powder coating supplier’s standard or not.
If anyone needs any type of powder coating equipment, then they should contact with RM Coating supplies Pvt Ltd as this company is one of the premium companies in this sector. Over the past 30 years they are serving their clients passionately.